I was going through some old notes the other day and for whatever reason, this one jumped out at me so I thought I would share. I can’t even remember where I got it so I can’t give credit.
Have some fun, pick one or two things and challenge yourself.
You have to:
- Make the call you are afraid to make.
- Get up earlier than you want to get up.
- Give more than get in return right away.
- Care more about others than they care about you
- Fight when you are already injured, bloody and sore.
- Feel unsure and insecure when playing it safe seems smarter.
- Lead when no one else is following you yet.
- Invest in yourself even though no one else is.
- Look like a fool while you are looking for answers you do not have.
- Grind out the details when it is easier to shrug them off.
- Deliver results when making excuses is an option.
- Search for your own explanations even when you are told to accept the facts.
- Make mistakes and look like an idiot.
- Try and fail and try again.
- Run faster even though you are out of breath.
- Be kind to people who have been cruel to you.
- Meet deadlines that are unreasonable and deliver results that are unparalleled.
- Be accountable for your actions even when things go wrong.
- Keep moving towards where you want to be no matter what is in front of you.
- Do the hard things. The things that no one else is doing. The things that scare you.
- Make you wonder how much longer you can hold one.
Pick one or two off the list and make it a personal challenge to expand your comfort zone.